Civil Rights Movement. MLK. MLK, Jr. Martin Luther King. Civil Rights.
This stations activity is a very ENGAGING way for students to ANALYZE 10 famous quotes from Martin Luther King, Jr. Students are able to UNDERSTAND more about Dr. King by looking at what he meant by the quotes. As a leader of the Civil Rights Movement, Martin Luther King, Jr. gave many speeches and wrote letters that are very INSPIRATIONAL to many people today. This is a great way for students to appreciate his speeches and quotes, and understand why people followed Dr. King's movement!
Included in this product is:
- Directions for the activity
- 10 famous quotes from Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Graphic organizer to fill out describing where the quote came from, and what it means to each student
- Final assessment that allows students to pick one quote to explain in further detail.
This is such a FUN way to study Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Civil Rights Movement!
Get the whole INTERACTIVE and ENGAGING Civil Rights Unit HERE, and SAVE big money!
Individual Products from this unit include:
1. Civil Rights 30 DBQ Bellringers Warm Ups Mega-Pack
2. Civil Rights Movement - Journey Through Life Notes - SUPER ENGAGING INTERACTIVE NOTES!
3. Jim Crow Laws Photo Assessment
4. Montgomery Bus Boycott & Rosa Parks Skit and Option Project
5. Civil Rights Leaders and Activists Notes - VERY ENGAGING POWERPOINT with COOPERATIVE LEARNING!
6. Martin Luther King, Jr. "I Have a Dream" Visual Expression Project
7. Loving Movie Worksheet
8. FUN Stations Activity where students analyze 10 Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes!
9. 1965 Alabama Voting Simulation - "Would you be able to vote?" - 1st person POINT OF VIEW learning!
10. Voting Rights Act of 1965 Reading Activity
11. Civil Rights Movement Comic Strip Project
12. 40 HIGHLY VISUAL Civil Rights Task Cards with a Cooperative Learning Option!
13. Civil Rights Movement FUN Review Games! - includes THE WALL Card Game based on the TV Show, Four Corners of Fun, and The Bids!
14. Civil Rights Movement Unit Test with Study Guide - Relevant, Real-World Assessment
15. Civil Rights Movement 5 Highly Visual DBQ Primary Sources
I hope that you enjoy these activities! Please remember to follow Playing With History on Teachers Pay Teachers, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for giveaways and news on new products and updates! Please rate for your TpT credits!