Also included in
- These mosaics are a great way to involve every learner in your class! They provide collaborative motivation through a common goal, while upholding individual accountability since every worksheet has different problems.$44.95$75.55Save $30.60
Highly Engaging! Each worksheet is different, representing a small section of the big picture! The end result will look spectacular hanging up in your classroom :)
CHECK OUT THE PRODUCT PREVIEW to see the range of problem types, and to know exactly what these worksheets involve!
Students use the basic trig ratios (sin, cos, tan) to solve for sides and angles, then use the answers to colour their worksheets based on the colour key. So much more fun than textbook homework!
1. Calculate the answers.
2. Colour the squares.
3. Cut out your section.
4. Combine with the class!
INCLUDED (.docx and .pdf files in a zip folder):
- Full class set of 20 worksheets (question page with matching colouring grid)
- Worksheets involve a range of right trigonometry problems that involve choosing and applying the correct primary trig ratio to solve for an unknown side or angle. Both diagram and description problems are given.
- Every worksheet is unique, and contains a randomized list of answers at the bottom, allowing for student self-assessment
- Master Answer Key showing numeric solution for all worksheets
- Completed and Coloured mosaic guide with coordinates to help you assemble the finished product
- Teaching Tips for smooth implementation of this task with your students.
If you like this product, be sure the check out the whole Collaborative Math Mosaic directory, sorted by topic!
The student buy-in factor is HUGE with these worksheets; they all want to see the finished picture come together! High school students love colouring too! This sure beats textbook homework!
Leave the picture a secret or show it for motivation… it’s your call.
Encourage students to check their answers by finding them in the randomized list on their worksheet before they colour each square. This will increase the accuracy of the final picture!
All my “Colouring by…” worksheets use standard pencil-crayon colours found in the Crayola 24 pack. For best results, use the exact colour name match (and encourage quality colouring!). Perhaps a class set of pencil crayons would be a fun math department investment!
Feedback, suggestions, and frontline stories are much appreciated!!
Thanks for checking this out!