Martin Luther King Jr worksheets and activities.
Download Preview File
Please make sure to download the preview file to ensure that it is appropriate for your grade level prior to purchasing.
If you like this, check out the WHOLE BUNDLE here:
Martin Luther King Jr. BUNDLE packet
Check out the mini-book for early readers on MLK here:
Martin Luther King Jr. Mini-Book reader
Come and help celebrate the life of Martin Luther King Jr. with this GIANT activity packet and craftivity! This resource will help supplement your Social Studies unit and Literacy centers. This packet can also be used throughout Black History Month.
This Product Includes:
• Martin Luther King Jr. “I had a dream” writing sheet- Students draw in their dream and write a few sentences about it. There is a boy and girl version (little character on the bottom of the page under the dream bubble) and with this resource are pre-made sentences for the special needs students. I have included some blank boxes as well.
• Martin Luther King Jr. “Big Dreams” writing worksheet. Students write what their dreams are in 4 different bubbles, with a Martin Luther King Jr. character in the middle of page.
• Martin Luther King Jr. craftivity- There is a Martin Luther King Jr. writing piece where students can write how they can change the world. There is a craft with this and templates included with instructions.
• Martin Luther King Jr. Cloze passage. I use this fill-in-the-blank worksheet after reading the mini-book to assess their learning. The sentences are pulled directly from the mini-reader (found in the BUNDLE or as a separate purchase) . There is a Word bank for the students to choose from. I have two versions available: one with 10 answers and one with 5 answers for special needs students. Also with special needs students, I let them have the story to look back at to help guide them to fill in the blanks. I have included an answer key with this worksheet.
• Martin Luther King Jr. “Who is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr?” worksheet. This has bubbles for students to write answering all of the “wh” questions
• Martin Luther King Jr. “what good character is” worksheet. This has 5 bubbles that students fill out.
• Martin Luther King Jr. “Kind and Unkind” cut and sort worksheet. Students cut out the choices, read, sort and glue onto the worksheet.
• If I met Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. worksheet. Students use the spaces provided to write responses to the questions if they had met Martin Luther King Jr.
• Martin Luther King Jr. acrostic poem “PEACE” students write words that describe Martin Luther King Jr that begin with the letters.
• 8 vocabulary cards in color- there are 2 different versions of these. One page of 8 and two full pages with 4 words on each page. Cut out and display on your board or in a pocket chart during your Martin Luther King Jr. Unit or Black history month.
• Martin Luther King Jr. “Lets Brainstorm” worksheet- this graphic organizer can be completed at the end of the unit to write what the students have learned.
• Martin Luther King KWL chart- this graphic organizer can be completed at the end of the unit to write what the students have learned.
Connect with me!
Lisa's Kinesthetic Classroom on Facebook
Lisa's Kinesthetic Classroom on Pinterest
Copyright © Lisa's Kinesthetic Classroom. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip-art and font credits.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.