Black History month/Martin Luther King Jr. day
is an important landmark in History. If you don't know where to start to teach this wide and complex topic, you are at the right place. I have designed this resource to help you about MLK, Rosa Parks and Civil Rights
in an interactive way with songs, videos and challenges.
Here's what you will get: a PPT with 52 slides and its activity booklet with 10 pages with 15 activities
to teach students about Martin Luther King's life and also about leadership.
⭐ Here's what is included:
- a self-target setting slide
- a brainstorming as a starter
- a song by Stevie Wonder with filling gaps
- words to classify
- explanation about what a leader is
- brainstorming about other leaders (Nelson Mandela, Ghandi, Dark Vador...) to give an awareness about the 6 leadership styles
- slogans to match up
- brainstorming about before MLK actions and his impact on today's society
- events in his life to put in order
- story of his life including information about Rosa Parks
- short video trailer about dreaming and change the world with inspirational quotes
- reflection time about a cause to defend
- questionnaire about becoming a leader
- 5 challenges to do (a creation of quiz, posters and video making, a rap song, a game to create and a play etc.) to celebrate MLK achievement.
- a dream activity with song
- a plenary with conclusion on the topic
- a review of objectives
⚠️ Looking for these resources individually in my store? Check them here:
• Martin Luther King
• Martin Luther King booklet
✅ Looking for other resources around the same topic? Check these ones out!
• Black History Month and Martin Luther Jr. day : printable activities and PPT
• Martin Luther King day and Black History Month activities printables
• Black History Month Martin Luther King Jr. Day : interactive lesson