Make a Claim Using Evidence.~ Martin Luther King, Jr. is GREAT for observations!. Use one of the THREE differentiated essays about MLK, Jr., the scaffolded written response sheets and the lesson guides to help your students make a claim and prove it with evidence. Directions included!
• Page 1 ~ Table of Contents, copyright and acknowledgements for clipart.
• Page 2 ~ Here’s how I started...My story!
• Page 3 ~ Directions - step by step!
• Page 4 ~ Make a Claim - black and white with graphic organizer and scaffolded writing template. Teachers can add the title of the passage/topic and give a prompt for students to follow. This page can also be an “add on” to ANY reading activity.
• Page 5 ~ Colorful lesson guide sheet designed to help you walk through the concept with your students.
• Page 6 ~ Cover
• Page 7 ~ Model the Work; example sheet; use as a model or guide.
• Page 8 ~ Black and white lesson guide sheet designed to help you walk through the concept with your students. “
• Page 9 ~ TWO generic scaffolded writing templates designed to train your students to make claims and give evidence to prove them. Can be USED WITH ANY TEXT.
• Page 10 – 12 ~ Differentiated close reading passages
• Page 13 – 14 ~ I Have a Dream writing paper
If you like this activity, check out my store for more
visual scaffolding Tools,
graphic organizers and
designed to teach CLOSE READING !
Close Reading; Summary Practice Nonfiction
Close Reading; Analyzing Characters
Close Reading; Summarizing Stories
Close Writing; The PQA Quiz; Assessments for Fictional Stories
Common Core Writing; The Character Analysis Paragraph
Writing; The Picture Paragraph