Teach your students about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his peaceful fight for equal rights for African Americans. The activities in this download were created to supplement the book by Doreen Rappaport. This resource includes several activities to assess your student’s comprehension of the story and extend their learning.
This download includes print-and-go activities that will engage your learners and simplify your lesson planning as you create a unit on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.:
- K-W-L Chart: Before and After Reading Activity
- True or False: Reading Comprehension
- Opposites: Word Analysis
- Cause and Effect: Reading Comprehension
- I Have a Dream: Writing/Drawing Activity
- Food for Thought: Quote Analysis
- I Can Use Words for Good: Extension Activity
- 10 Quotes from the book (color)
- 10 Quotes from the book (black and white)
- Answer Keys
These activities can be down in one concentrated class period or spread out over 3-5 days, depending the age of your students and the length of time you have each day to devote to this unit. Choose the activities that will work best in your classroom.
Because this unit comes with complete instructions on each page, it is an easy packet to leave for a substitute. Answer keys are included for the comprehension pages.
Resource created by Jessica Lawler