Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.99 MB | 55 pages
Martin’s Big Words, written by Doreen Rappaport, is the story of Martin Luther King, one of the greatest leaders in the American Civil Rights Movement. King was a minister who preached about having peace and equality. He felt that non-violence was the best approach to fighting against inequality. When Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on the bus to a white passenger, Martin Luther King began a nationwide protest. He led a bus boycott in Montgomery, he encouraged people to march for equality, and he spoke directly against segregation. (Grades 3-5)
Included in the package:
- Prezi- A 3D Lesson plan that is similar to powerpoint, with a 3D effect.
- Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Author’s Purpose
C. Includes background information
D. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- Youtube Video (I Have A Dream Speech) 1 minute
- 5 activities to extend the lesson
- 2 Vocabulary Practice sheet (five words per sheet)
- 2 Graphic Organizers (Main Idea/Author’s Purpose)
- Comprehension Quiz with ten questions. Answer key included.
- Community Service Handouts: Group Planning Template, Community Problem Template, Community Service Flyer Template, Project Reflection,
- Postage Stamp Template