Help Mary get to school!
Mary Had a Little Lamb by Sarah Josepha Hale and John Roulstone (1830) is one of my favorite nursery rhymes. Mary Had a Little Lamb is a nursery rhyme of American origin. It is said that the nursery rhyme was inspired by a real life incident where at the suggestion of her brother, one Mary Sawyer took her pet lamb to school with her.
Using these activity worksheets, help your little learners get back to school by practicing these foundational skills: cutting, tracing, reading, writing, speaking and listening. Additionally, introduce or review these key concepts with your students to get them ready for the rest of the school year: shapes, letters, numbers, nursery rhymes, story sequencing and retelling.
Enjoy getting your little ones ready for school with Mary!
1. Nursery rhyme poster (2 versions, 2 Marys, c/bw)
2. Nursery rhyme touch and read student sheet (2 versions, b/w)
3. Story retelling/sequencing cards (2 Marys, c/bw)
4. Put the story in order. (4 versions, b/w)
5. Draw and write about the story. (4 versions, with/without header, b/w)
6. Emergent Reader Big Book (2 Marys, c/bw)
7. Emergent Reader Mini Book (6 versions, b/w)
*Just read it.
*Touch and read it.
*Read the picture, color the matching word.
*Trace the word.
*Trace the sentence.
*Fill in the missing word.
8. Emergent Reader: Put the story in order-touch and read student sheet. (4 versions, b/w)
9. Cut on the lines. (2 activities)
10. 2-D Shapes Chart (b/w)
11. Cut out or trace the shapes. (2-D shapes: circle, oval, triangle, square, rectangle, rhombus, parallelogram, trapezoid, pentagon, hexagon, octagon, semicircle, heart, star, crescent; 15 activities, b/w)
12. Trace the shapes. (2-D shapes: 3 activities, b/w)
13. Cut out or trace the shapes. (3-D shapes: sphere, cylinder, cone, pyramid, cube, rectangular prism, triangular prism; 7 activities, b/w)
14. 3-D Shapes Chart (b/w)
15. Trace the shapes. (3-D shapes, 1 activity, b/w)
16. Trace the lines. (12 activities)
17. Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Chart, Uppercase Alphabet Chart, Lowercase Alphabet Chart (b/w)
18. Trace the letters. (3 activities, 1 uppercase/lowercase, 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, b/w)
19. Fill in the missing letters. (6 activities, 3 uppercase, 3 lowercase, b/w)
20. Numbers Chart: 0-31 (b/w)
21. Trace the numbers. (1 activity, b/w)
22. Fill in the missing numbers. (4 activities, b/w)
Last updated: 07/11/2018