Introduce students to information and fun facts about Maryland with 20 informative cards in both color and b/w. Also included in this product are the data collection sheet, an answer key, and a comparison matrix for the 6 largest cities.
How to Use this Product
1. Print the Maryland Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock or brightly-colored paper and cut them apart along the dotted lines.
2. Make copies of the Maryland Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet (2-sided). Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Maryland Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
Table of Contents
• cover card for organizing and storing scavenger hunt
• student pages
• 20 colorful information cards
• 20 black and white information cards
• city research matrix
• coloring sheet
• answer key
More about the Product
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading or social studies groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
The students could also do this activity as a web quest, then use the scavenger hunt to verify their answers. This would be a great website www.50states.com
for students to gather additional information.
Other Maryland Products:
Maryland Crossword Puzzle
Maryland Bingo Jr.
Maryland Word Search
Or buy them all and save 1/3 off total
Explore Maryland Activity Bundle
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥