This bundle was created to be used in a U.S. Government/Honors class and includes the following:
- A 99 slide power point that covers the roles that mass media and public opinion polls play in government. The presentation includes many pictures and several video clips that shows how political socialization is formed and the role of the media in the United States.
- 3 days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which can be used for homework or a notebook check assignment. The notes are as follows:
Day 1 - The Formation of Public Opinion
- This goes into how one gains their political opinions and all that influence it. Things ranging from parents, schools, peers, and television sources impact our political identity.
Day 2 - Measuring Public Opinion
- What makes a good poll? How have polling companies performed in America's elections?
Day 3 - The Mass Media
-Newspapers - the Internet and how it influences the American population.
- A quiz based on the presentation. Students will only need to study the notes to prepare. It consists of five multiple choice questions, five fill in the blank, five true/false, and one essay. The key is included at the end of the quiz.
Additional assignments in the bundle include:
- Demographics Handout - shows students how certain groups vote certain ways in the United States. Hyperlinks included in the presentation.
- Trends in News Reading - Questions that go along with a reading from the Pew Research center about news consumption. Click the hyperlink at the top of the page to access the article.
Thank you very much for considering this product. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Cheers!