Matariki Activity Scavenger Hunt Puzzle
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Matariki resources for The Maori New Year. Let us save you time this Matariki season with our New Zealand Matariki BUNDLE: a bundle of fantastic Matariki literacy resources featuring Reading, Writing, and other activities! Perfect for the NZ (New Zealand) classroom and your guided reading program! RPrice $17.50Original Price $27.99Save $10.49
- Highlight important moments and people from New Zealand's history with our reading comprehension scavenger hunt bundle! This features scavenger hunt puzzles based on THREE topic areas: The Treaty of Waitangi and Waitangi Day, Anzac Day and Matariki. Students read the provided fact cards and use readPrice $12.00Original Price $15.99Save $3.99
- Highlight important moments and people from New Zealand's history with our reading comprehension mega bundle! This features differentiated Reading Comprehension passages and questions with higher order thinking activities based on THREE topic areas: The Treaty of Waitangi and Waitangi Day, Anzac DayPrice $29.99Original Price $38.98Save $8.99
- Engage your students in important events celebrated in New Zealand with our interactive scavenger hunt puzzle MEGA BUNDLE! Your students will learn about each event while also practicing important reading comprehension strategies. The completed puzzle posters will brighten your classroom walls or buPrice $27.30Original Price $39.00Save $11.70
Engage your students in the Matariki Celebrations with our interactive scavenger hunt and puzzle pack! Your students will learn about the history of Matariki, Matariki celebrations today, and the nine Matariki stars (updated with the latest research).
Click HERE to SAVE 25% with our Matariki Literacy Bundle - New Zealand Reading, Writing, Creative Thinking.
⭐️This resource includes new research findings of the two new stars in the Matariki cluster.⭐️
Display the 15 fact cards around the room, and hand out the puzzle pieces.Students use the facts to complete their interactive puzzles. Display the amazing completed puzzles and wow your school! This activity works for individuals, pairs, or teams.
In this pack you will receive:
- 15 Matariki Fact Cards
- 15 puzzle pieces with comprehension activities
- Large and small puzzle pieces are included
- Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
- Two 'Tips For Use' pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom
Teachers Like You Say:
Geraldine H. says, "⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ My students were all very engaged with using this resource. As I have a multilevel class, the senior students were buddied with a junior student. This worked well. A great resource."
Judith A. says, "⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This was a very thorough resource to use for Matariki, so much information. I used it as a collaborative activity and the children were fully engaged."
Gabrielle F. says, "⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Just stunning. Used this as a collaborative art piece in our kura and we have three completed puzzles to hang around kura. Nga mihi."
Penny J. says, "⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Awesome resource for independent student learning about Matariki... nice display at the end too. Thanks."
You May Also Like:
- Matariki Literacy Bundle - New Zealand Reading, Writing, Creative Thinking
- Matariki Close Reading Comprehension Texts - Higher Order Thinking Activities
- Matariki Reading Comprehension Activities Year 3 and 4 NZ
- Matariki Print and Go Activity Pack - 15 Engaging ELA Resources
- Daily Writing Prompts - PowerPoint, Journal and Worksheet - June NZ/AU/UK
- Matariki Activities - 3D Star Ornament and Display
We really appreciate your feedback! Leaving feedback earns you TPT credits!
If you're interested in upcoming Top Teaching Tasks resources, click here to FOLLOW us.
Stay in touch: