Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Go paperless with our Matariki Digital reading comprehension resource! Learn about the history of Matariki, investigate how Matariki is celebrated today, and explore Matariki myths and legends. Featuring differentiated reading passages and questions, this Google slides resource includes four passages (at two levels) with six-eight unique slides of engaging text-dependent questions and higher order thinking interactive tasks.
This Matariki Digital Activity is targeted towards Year 5-8 readers and is easily differentiated to suit a wide range of learners and abilities.
In this Matariki Digital reading comprehension resource you will receive:
1. Full instructions on how to use this Google Slides resource, and how to share it with your students.
2. Tips for using Google Slides for teachers AND students.
3. Four texts – all with an extended and scaffold version:
These passages are provided as Google Slides and in PDF form. This resource can be used on Chromebooks, iPads, Android Tablets, and other devices!
4. SIX unique Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the CCSS and the NZ Curriculum (26 activities in total)
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
6. Additional web links to interesting websites to provide further context around Matariki.
7. A BONUS guide explaining how to use these Google Slides within the top educational apps including:
British English is used throughout this resource e.g. colour.
Why Go Digital and Paperless?
Many classrooms are now 1:1, BYOD, or improving the access of technological devices to students. This resource uses these devices to engage and enhance learning!
Further benefits include:
Not ready to go paperless yet?
You May Also Like:
We really appreciate your feedback! Leaving feedback earns you TPT credits!
Stay in touch: