This set of forty matching large cards (4.25" by 5.5") (two sets of twenty cards) can be used to help students practice their basic derivative rules. These cards should be duplicated using the landscape mode.
These include the
• derivative of a constant,
• derivative of a constant times a function,
• derivative of the sum and/or difference of functions,
• derivative of a product of functions,
• derivative of a quotient of functions,
• derivative with the power rule.
Only cards 16-20 involve using negative powers.
Students must differentiate the red cards and match their answer with one of the green cards.
There are no chain rule problems, exponential function, logarithmic functions or trigonometric functions.
This set of cards is best used by given a set of the sixteen cards to 2-4 students and have them work through the derivatives to the red cards and then look for their answer on the green cards.
The product "Match Basic Derivatives - Small Cards" has the identical questions as this product, but the cards are 2.25" by 5.5". That activity would also be appropriate for groups of 1 or 2 students. This product can also be purchased in my store,
Comments from buyers:
• A good quick activity!
• Great activity!
• Good activity
• Nice change of pace activity!
• My students loved this activity!