Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
• Overview of Mach-it card game
• Assembly Instructions
• Game rules for 4 games
• Dolch sight word poster
• Printable cards (front and back included)
This addictive and fast paced card game uses the same mathematical formula as the commercially available games Dobble and Spot-it. This game is all about speed and so it’s perfect for learning sight words in a fun and engaging way. My students love to play this game and I’m sure yours will too!
Each card shares one and only one word with every other card in the set, during the game all players are trying to find a match on their card with another card quicker than their opponents.
The words are printed in different sizes and colors and randomly rotated to make for a more exciting game.
Included is a Dolch sight words poster that shows where each card set starts and ends.
The card sets are sequential according to grade and frequency so some of the sets overlap the grade columns.
This bundle includes all 6 sets of Match-it cards.
Set 1 13 cards and 13 sight words with 4 words on each card.
Set 2 31 cards and 31 sight words with 6 words on each card.
Set 3 31 cards and 31 sight words with 6 words on each card.
Set 4 31 cards and 31 sight words with 6 words on each card.
Set 5 57 cards and 57 sight words with 8 words on each card.
Set 6 57 cards and 57 sight words with 8 words on each card.
How to make:
• Print the front of the cards, reload the printer with the printed card fronts (turned over) and then select only the page with the card back design on it and print however many duplicates as there are sheets.
• Laminate and cut, alternatively print on card stock.
• The back of the cards includes a print overlap so use the front of the cards as a guide for cutting out.
Game 1: Beginners game (Easy Rules)
I recommend starting with this game for kids that have never played before.
Object of the game is to win the most pairs of cards!
• Deal 2 cards from the deck face up and look at the words on both cards.
• The first person to find the matching word says the word to win the 2 cards.
• Continue dealing 2 cards face up each time until all the cards are used.
Game 2: Grab it!
Object of the game is to win the most cards!
• Place the deck face down in the center.
• Deal each player one card face up
• Turn over the top card from the deck.
• The first person to shout out a sight word that is both on their card and the deck card wins that card from the deck, this card is then placed over their original card (so they can only see the new card).
• The next card in the deck is now turned over and play continues till all the cards are used.
• The winner is the person with the most cards.
Game 3: Stack it!
Object of the game is to get rid of all your cards to the center pile!
• Deal an equal amount of cards to each player face up, the last card is placed in the center also face up.
• Now the fun starts all players must try to match a word with the card in the center and their own top card.
• Each time a player matches a word they ‘stack’ their card on top of the center card pile.
• The game ends when one player has ‘stacked’ all their cards
Game 4: Give it!
Object of the game is to give your card to a friend fast and don’t be last!
• Deal one card to each player face down.
• Each player takes the card and on a count of ’1 2 3’ flips the card over face up into their open hand so all players can see.
• Quickly players find a matching word on another player’s card and places their card(s) on top of the other player’s card(s).
• The round ends when one player is left holding all the cards. That player will keep the cards to be counted at the end of the game.
• Everyone gets a new card from the dealer for the next round and play continues until all the cards are used. The player with the least cards is the winner.