This Match the Rhyme game was created to use with the book The Night Before Halloween by Natasha Wing.
This is a fun way to practice rhyming words while enjoying a holiday book. Perfect for a center activity.
There are 2 Rhyming Games Included:
* The first game uses the rhyming words from the book which are a bit more advanced.
* The second game uses easier 1 syllable rhyming words.
Both games come with:
1 cover page
1 game board
24 word cards
Card with all the rhyming words on it
How to play:
1. Player 1 picks a card, reads it and finds the rhyming word on their side of the board.
2. Player 2 picks a card, reads it and finds the rhyming word on their side of the board.
3. If they do not have a match their turn is over.
4. If a player draws the BOO card they must take all their markers off their side of the board and they start again.
5. If all cards get used, shuffle and use again until the game is over.
If you would like to creat a reading skill or strategy lesson with this book visit my blog The Picture Book Teacher's Edition
for more information about this book and many others.