Matchy Math plays like the old game show Classic Concentration. You will select doors and make matches in order to reveal pieces of a rebus puzzle. Think: a picture of a key + P represents the word keep.
This game will match fractions with their decimal equivalents or match fractions operations with their solution. The problems involve negative and positive fractions (and mixed numbers) so they are not necessarily appropriate for beginners. I used this game with my Pre-Algebra class after our integers unit.
The four puzzles include
1. Fractions to Decimals
2. Multiplying Fractions and Mixed Numbers
3. Dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers
4. Adding and Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers
The last few slides are for teachers to print out and use as an answer key. They show which doors are matches and they also tell the answer to the rebus puzzle.
My students loved this game!!
For a free preview of how Matchy Math works, check out:
• Matchy Math: Graphing Inequalities Game *FREE*
Interested in more Matchy Math products? Check out these versions:
• Matchy Math: Solving Two-Step and Mulit-Step Equations Game
• Matchy Math: Solving One-Step Inequalities Game
• Matchy Math: Solving Multi-Step Inequalities Game
I’d really appreciate your feedback!:
It’s quick and easy. Go to your My Purchases
page and next to each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. It helps me and it earns you TpT credits!