This jam-packed resource supports the science topic: Materials, Objects, And Everyday Structures. It was created with the Grade 1 Ontario Science Curriculum in mind, but works well with other provincial curriculum.
I've included tons of images that, along with concrete materials that you gather, help bring this topic to life.
• Material Sources Puzzles
• Worksheets for identifying materials
• Material Sort Headers, Pictures, and Photographs
• Writing/Discussion Prompt Cards about Materials
• Objects and Materials
• Waterproof - An investigation
• Materials Centre Ideas
• Worksheets for fasteners
• Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle - Circle Maps
• Worksheets for structures
• The Three Billy Goats Gruff
• The Three Little Pigs
• Construction Project - Plan and Reflection
• Structure Rubric
• Made by Humans/Found in Nature Activities
• A House is a House for Me
• Structures Centre Ideas
• Book List
• Materials and Structures Test
• Materials: Objects Made From Different Materials
• Materials: Where Do They Come From?
• Same Object, Different Materials, Different Purpose
• Structures: Human or Nature Made
• Types of Fasteners
This product is part of a Grade 1 Science - Ontario Curriculum Bundle
Don’t forget to check out the preview!
If you like this, you may be interested in:
Energy in Our Lives
Four Seasons - A Look at Seasonal Changes
Needs and Characteristics of Living Things
Human Development and Sexual Health
If you have any questions about this product, please contact me in the Product Q&A section below or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for looking!