70 questions covering these specific aspects of factoring trinomials, when the leading coefficient is
‘1’, (where the number in front of the x2 is ‘1’):
• Completely factor trinomials with a leading coefficient of ‘1’.
• Completely factor trinomials with a leading coefficient other than ‘1’, but whose coefficient can be factored out in a first step.
• Verify selected answers by expanding.
• Find all integers for the coefficient of a middle term, which make the resulting trinomial factorable.
• Factor trinomials in which the variables are replaced by binomials.
• Factor trinomials of degree higher than 2, where the leading degree is even.
Factoring method is not specified. As presented, the factoring can be done by any method.
Answer key included.