This 2D shape book can be used for students to cut and assemble. Finished booklet is 81/2 x 51/2. It can be used to work through slowly as you teach the concepts or it can be used as a formative or summative assessment piece when you have competed your unit on 2D shapes.
What you will find here:
The first full page defines Tier 2 words. The teacher may use this for vocabulary instruction. This page could be copied a few times and laminated. Then, have it on hand for students to refer to when they forget what “the word” means and what they are supposed to do.
• examine 2D shapes noting defining attributes: vertices/edges
• describe and construct 2D shapes: including triangles and rectangles
• use attributes of objects to sort: size, shape, colour; design
• sort using 2 attributes and explain the sorting rule
• sort using “real-life objects”, 2 attributes and explain the sorting rule
Answer key provided.
Keep in mind page 20 needs to be cut up and pieces glued on page 21. If you single side copy there is not problem. Otherwise, you may need to have extra copies of page 20 handy. Also, I found when I made this booklet that there were too many pages to staple together as one booklet. So, I stapled pages 1-12 together and then pages 13 to the end. If you do this, they could use the last page as a “cover” for the second half of the book. Students can record their name and add anything else they would like signaling part 2 of this booklet.
Learning made fun!
Tips for Customers:
If you enjoy this product, please leave positive feedback to gain credits for futures purchases!
If you have questions or problems, please contact me through Product Q &A and I will get back to you as soon as I can!
Thank-you for your purchase!
By purchasing this resource you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Bonnie Lanigan and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
• Make copies for your classroom(s)
• Direct others to my store
• Reference my products without distributing the product in blogs posts, at seminars, professional development, workshops or other such venues (please give credit to myself and link back to my store in your presentation)
You May Not:
• Make copies with the intention to redistribute
• Claim this work as your own by removing the copyright or watermarks
• Repackage and/or resell this product in part or whole
• Share this product in part or whole on the internet as a download or copy (Includes, but not limited to personal sites, school sites, Google Doc links or blogs or sites, internet sharing groups, news lists or shared databases)
Thank you for abiding by the widely accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.