Also included in
- The riddle sets in this 600 task card math spiral review bundle are ideal to use for math centers, intervention, RTI activities, small groups, challenge activities for early finishers, and whole class activities, too! Riddles are a motivating and engaging way to provide ongoing practice of the mostPrice $29.00Original Price $35.00Save $6.00
- If you're always looking for new ways to review and keep math concepts like place value, multiplication, area, and more fresh in the minds of your third graders, you'll love this bundle of 240 math spiral review riddle task cards and activities!Here are the resources included in this bundle. You'llPrice $11.20Original Price $14.00Save $2.80
- If you're looking for fun and engaging ways to review all of your third grade math topics throughout the year, this is the bundle of games, riddles, and activities you need! You'll find engaging practice activities for multiplication, fractions, area, geometry, and much more!You can purchase each oPrice $21.50Original Price $43.00Save $21.50
Good teachers know that math is about so much more than computation! This set of third grade riddles will move your students to the next level of thinking and integrate skills in place value, multiplication, area, perimeter and more!
The 120 riddle cards plus activities in this set will make it easy to keep math skills and concepts taught throughout the year fresh n the minds of your third graders.
These riddles are an easy way to get your students talking about math and to include some spiral review in your math lessons every day - with no worksheets for you to correct!
If you already own the 120 riddles in Set One, this pack will give you all the riddles you'll need in order to complete one a day for the rest of the year, plus extras for math centers and small groups! All of the riddle cards in this set are completely different from those in Set 1.
***** PLEASE NOTE: This is not an interactive digital resource. To give you options in how you use these math riddles, this zip file includes a png of each page of riddles, easy to use on your digital devices with your favorite apps and programs.
Each card has multiple clues for a number from one to 120 ... 120 riddle cards in all! In order to be successful with the riddle cards, your students should be familiar with ...
- The terminology of multiplication and division (product, quotient, factor, multiple) (3.OA)
- Addition and subtraction through 1000 (3.NBT.2)
- Area and perimeter (3.MD.5, 3.MD.7, 3.MD.8)
- Attributes of 2D and 3D shapes (3.G.1).
* Please note that the clues in this set include references to US coins and standard non-metric measurements.
The cards can be used in many ways:
- Use a riddle or several each day for spiraled math review. Great for keeping math vocabulary and concepts active!
- Teaching remotely? Start each lesson with an engaging riddle and you can put a check next to "number talk" in your lesson plans! The promise of a daily riddle might just get your students to log in on time! ;)
- Put one of the PNGs into your favorite app or Seesaw and let your students solve these right on their device.
- Use with your whole class to model comprehension skills like using key details, inferring, and drawing conclusions.
- Put a card up on your interactive whiteboard to focus your students at the beginning of a math lesson.
- In a small group or with partners, the riddle cards can be used with the
printable number grid activity that's included in this set. A directions card and
120 chart are also included, as well as an answer key for all riddles, for easier
use with independent work.
- For independent work, they can be used with the included solve-and-color
- These cards are super to use as a tool in RTI, or for use by tutors or parent
- Use math riddles as a sponge activity throughout the day.
- Excellent for enrichment or independent use by early finishers.
Here's what teachers have said about math riddle cards:
- "This totally changed my Math routine! We are encouraged to use number talks but I find them so boring and repetitive, especially in 3rd Grade. I chose to start our lessons with this instead and we get in great number sense discussions, quick strategy lessons, and the kids always want to do ¨just one more!¨"
- "I love this resource and my students do, too. Riddles are a great way to get their brains spinning and to love math."
Thanks for your interest in this resource!
You'll also like ...
Do you know that you can save money on future TPT purchases? Just go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom. Feedback also helps other teachers as they look for new resources for their own students!
Be the first to know about my newest resources! Click here to follow my store. You will receive customized email updates whenever I list a new resource in my store. You'll also find an occasional free gift in your TpT Inbox, just to say thanks!. ☺