Also included in
- The math riddle sets in this 480 task card bundle are ideal for use as math intervention, RTI activities, small groups, challenge activities for early finishers, and math centers. Each of the four sets includes 120 riddle cards, all with a multi-step riddle for the numbers from one to 120, at an app$23.20$29.00Save $5.80
- Are you a third grade teacher who's always looking for new ways to keep students engaged in number sense activities? You and your students will both love this bundle!The sets in this bundle can be purchased separately as Math Riddle Task Cards and Math Riddle Clip Cards, but you'll save more than 20$10.75$13.50Save $2.75
- If you're always looking for new ways to review and keep math concepts like place value, multiplication, area, and more fresh in the minds of your third graders, you'll love this bundle of 240 math riddle task cards and activities!Here are the resources included in this bundle. You'll save 20% by bu$11.20$14.00Save $2.80
If you're always looking for new ways to review and keep math concepts fresh in your third grade class, try this set of 120 math riddle task card activities! They're an easy way to get your students talking about math and to include some spiral review every day - with no worksheets for you to correct!
***** PLEASE NOTE: This is not an interactive digital resource. But here are some ideas to help you use this for distance learning ...
Parents, during an extended school closure/ distance learning period, choose 2-4 cards each day to read, discuss, and solve with your child. Alternatively, display one riddle at a time on your tablet or laptop using the Powerpoint version that's included.
Teachers, display a riddle from the Powerpoint display as part of your math lesson on Zoom or similar. You could also send one of the individual pngs from the included file to your students before your meeting. Have your students work out the solution ahead of time using a favorite app like Seesaw and discuss it during your meeting. You'll keep your students' math skills sharp without using lots of tedious worksheets! These riddles are a fun and effective way to practice math vocabulary, critical thinking, and mental math.
The PowerPoint presentation and individual slides that are included with this set add so many teaching options! This format makes it so easy to use the individual slides throughout the year for your Morning Message, Math Message, number talks, lesson focus, and whole class lessons, in addition to the remote learning options described above.
Each of the cards has multiple clues for a number from one to 120 ... 120 riddle cards in all! In order to be successful with the riddle cards, your students should be familiar with ...
- The terminology of multiplication and division (product, quotient, factor, multiple) (3.OA)
- Addition and subtraction through 1000 (3.NBT.2)
- Area and perimeter (3.MD.5, 3.MD.7, 3.MD.8)
- Attributes of 2D and 3D shapes (3.G.1).
The cards can be used in many ways:
- Use several each day for spiraled math review. Great for keeping math
vocabulary and concepts active!
- Teaching remotely? Start each lesson with an engaging riddle and you can put a check next to "number talk" in your lesson plans!
- Put a whole page into your favorite app or Seesaw and let your students solve these right on their device.
- Use with your whole class to model using key details, inference, and drawing
- Put a card up on your interactive whiteboard to focus at the beginning of a
- In a small group or with partners, the riddle cards can be used with the
printable number grid activity that's included in this set. A directions card and
120 chart are also included, as well as an answer key for all riddles, for easier
use with independent work.
- For independent work, they can be used with the included solve-and-color
- These cards are super to use as a tool in RTI, or for use by tutors or parent
- Use math riddles as a sponge activity throughout the day.
- Excellent for enrichment or independent use by early finishers.
* Please note that the clues in this set include references to US coins and non-metric measurements.
Here's what teachers have said about this resource:
- "This totally changed my Math routine! We are encouraged to use number talks but I find them so boring and repetitive, especially in 3rd Grade. I chose to start our lessons with this instead and we get in great number sense discussions, quick strategy lessons, and the kids always want to do ¨just one more!¨"
- "I love this resource and my students do, too. Riddles are a great way to get their brains spinning and to love math."
Thanks for your interest in this resource!
You'll also like ...
Do you know that you can save money on future TPT purchases? Just go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom. Feedback also helps other teachers as they look for new resources for their own students!
Be the first to know about my newest resources! Click here to follow my store. You will receive customized email updates whenever I list a new resource in my store. You'll also find an occasional free gift in your TpT Inbox, just to say thanks!. ☺