Products in this Bundle (2)
Do you teach a bilingual Spanish class, ESL, or ELL in first grade or second grade? Build math skills, vocabulary, inference, and the ability to distinguish and use key details with this bundle of 120 math riddle cards for grades one and two, with each riddle and all activities in both English and Spanish! Riddles are so much fun that your students will beg to solve more!
Please click the links to go directly to both of the resources that are included in this bundle.
These sets are great for spiral review all year when you use a card or two every day! Each of the cards has a three-clue riddle whose answer is a number from one to 120.
*At this time, only the English set includes a 120-page Powerpoint presentation of the 120 slides in that set.
The cards can be used in so many ways:
* Pair your students and have them work together to solve, either English to Spanish
or Spanish to English!
* Use the riddles to develop a word wall of Spanish math words
* Solve a riddle a day together for spiraled math review.
* Use a riddle as a warm-up before your math lesson.
* Expand your calendar activities by solving one or more riddles each day and using
the cards to build a hundred chart.
* In a small group or with partners, they can be used with two 100 number chart
games. Task cards/directions cards are included.
* Use the riddle cards as task cards. Students can check their own solutions on the
answer key that’s provided.
* For independent work, the cards can be used with the included solve-and-color
* Use them for a Read the Room activity - keep your little mathematicians moving for
* For ongoing whole class review, distribute a card to each child, give a few
moments to solve, and have the children line themselves up to leave the classroom
by putting themselves in numerical order.
* Solving riddles is a great way to model and practice identifying key details, making
inferences, and drawing conclusions.
In order to be successful with these riddle cards, your students should be familiar with odd/even, tens and ones, adding and subtracting tens, US coins (pennies, nickels, dimes), and comparison signs for equalities and inequalities.
Please note, this set uses only US coins. On the Spanish cards, all clues about money use illustrations of US coins, and the values of the coins are in accordance with those used in the US.
Answer keys are included for both sets.
Here a more bundles that include coordinating resources in both Spanish and English.
Click the star on my store home page to follow. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺