This math and art project is an integrated project to be used in reader's and writer's workshop, and math class. Students read a mini-biography of Wassily Kandinsky, use a viewfinder to view his "Color Study: Squares with Concentric Circles" and complete an art response to it. In addition, students read famous quotations of Kandinsky's using a quotation biography, Read-Think-Wonder and Step Inside thinking routines. Students also complete an exploration of circumference, and solve a patterning problem inspired by Kandinsky's color study. Finally, students created their own Kandinsky-inspired art piece.
The whole project can take 1-2 weeks depending on how you personally pace it for your classroom.
This project is comprised of a number of sections. They are as follows:
Mini-biography of Wassily Kandinsky for student reading.
“Zoom In” art response activity.
Quotation Biography and “Step Inside” thinking routine activity.
Kandinsky-inspired Art Project
This product includes the following resources (35 PAGES IN ALL):
1. Two paged mini-biography of Wassily Kandinsky (minimal color).
2. Examples of "Color Study: Squares with Concentric Circles" for student viewing, one numbered, one to be used for display. (Colored).
3. A printable viewfinder (B&W).
4. 5 Teacher Talk direction pages.
5. 4 Student Direction pages.
6. 1 Read-Think-Wonder organizer.
7. 1 Step Inside organizer.
8. 5 mini-poster Quotation Biography pages (colored).
9. 1 Math terms mini-poster (colored).
10. 2 page circumference practice sheet (B&W).
11. Display frame pages for student use in a gallery walk (1 B&W and 1 colored).
12. 1 B&W student solution page.
13. 1 B&W problem solving page for student use.
14. 1 Problem solving example and key for teacher use (minimal color).
15. 1 Student Art Reflection for Display page (color).
16. 2 pages of colored photographs showing examples of artwork.
17. 1 page (B&W) of concentric circles template.
A REMINDER ABOUT THIS PURCHASE: IF YOU LEAVE FEEDBACK ON IT, YOU’LL NOT ONLY EARN FREE $$$ TO USE IN TPT, BUT YOU CAN EMAIL ME THAT YOU LEFT FEEDBACK, AND I WILL SEND YOU A FREE PRODUCT!!!
My email is found on the cover sheets of this product.
Learning is ALWAYS fun with Wild Child Designs!