What do you get when you add a little art history, a protractor, and illuminated manuscript letters altogether? You get this! One fun math and art project!
This project has four parts to it. Part one consists of:
1. A four page article for students about Illuminated Manuscripts, including a glossary (black & white with minimal color).
2. A close read sheet to accompany the article (black and white).
3. A "Teacher Talk" page (color)
1. Black & white illuminated manuscript alphabet cards (3 pages).
2. One black and white student page requiring students to identify the angles in their monogram letters.
3. Two black and white student pages requiring student groups to classify the angles in their letters, and find the complementary and supplementary angles.
4. One black and white student direction sheet.
5. One "Teacher Talk" page (color)
1. One "See-Think-Wonder" thinking routine sheet for students.
2. One color photograph of an illuminated manuscript.
1. One set of black and white letters for students to illuminate (7 pages).
2. One set of glitter gold letters for students to illuminate (7 pages).
3. One direction sheet for students (black and white).
4. One "Teacher Talk" sheet for the teacher (color).
Wild Child Designs hopes you and your students have some medieval magic with this project! If you purchase this and leave feedback, be sure to EMAIL ME at firstname.lastname@example.org for a "thank you for leaving feedback" FREEBIE!