Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.63 MB | 24 pages
This unique project combines Piet Mondrian's art with a mathematical project. Using this product, students investigate Mondrian's art using the "See-Think-Wonder" routine from "Making Thinking Visible. They estimate fractional amounts of color on Mondrian-inspired examples, and measure the artwork using 100s grid overlays. They also create their own Mondrian-inspired art using specific fraction amounts.
Next, students learn how to turn those fraction amounts into decimal number representations and percentages (when appropriate for the grade level completing the project).
This 24 page unique problem-solving art investigation includes the following:
1. A mini-biography of Piet Mondrian with glossary (color).
2. 6 pages of detailed directions/lesson plans for teachers that include photographs (color).
3. A "See-Think-Wonder" graphic organizer with a direction page for teachers and finished example (black and white).
4. 100s Grid page (black and white).
5. Two Mondrian Data Collection pages, differentiated for percentages and without percentages (color AND black and white).
6. Two pages of colored stationary for student reflective writing at the end of the project.
7. Three numbered Mondrian-inspired art examples for use throughout the lessons (color).