This board game is fun for the students while they sharpen their skills and deepen their understanding of the number system. They will draw a card and they must correctly answer the question in order to move along the game board. One person will be designated as the Answer Checker.
The rules of the game are explained in the Preview.
The questions on the two common core standards 8.NS.1 and 8.NS.2 include:
1. Classifying numbers as real, irrational, rational, integers, whole and natural.
2. Identifying terminating and repeating decimals given a fraction.
3. Converting a repeating decimal to a fraction.
4. Identifying the graph of an irrational number on a number line.
5. Giving a decimal approximation of an irrational number.
6. Ordering rational and irrational numbers.
This product includes the following.
1. Game Board
2. 45 Game Cards
3. Game Pieces
4. Answer Key
The 45 game cards will allow this game to be used for multiple class periods.
I have created a board game for each of the Common Core Domains in 8th grade.
Click below to view the other games.
Math Board Game 8th Grade - Expressions and Equations (8.EE)
Math Board Game 8th Grade - Functions (8.F)
Math Board Game 8th Grade - Geometry (8.G)
Math Board Game 8th Grade - Statistics and Probability (8.SP)
The five games are offered together in a bundle.
When purchasing the bundle you will receive all five board games for the price of four games.
Math Board Games Bundle - 8th Grade (8.NS, 8.EE, 8.F, 8.G, 8.SP)
These five games will be a valuable addition to your resources. Each game will provide 2 to 3 days of group activities if you choose.
Thanks for viewing!
Created by Hilda Ratliff