Common Core State Standards
8th Grade – 8.G
9. Know the formulas for the volumes of cones, cylinders, and spheres and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
High School Geometry
Geometric Measurement and Dimension G-GMD
3. Use volume formulas for cylinders, pyramids, cones, and spheres to solve problems.★
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
The 8th grade standard does not include pyramids. You do not have to use the pyramid cards if you do not teach volume of pyramids.
This product includes the following.
1. Game Board
2. 42 Game Cards
3. Game Pieces
4. Answer Key
Questions on the game cards include the following.
1. Find the volume of spheres, cylinders, cones and pyramids.
2. Given the volume of a cone or pyramid, find the height or area of the base.
3. Given the circumference of a sphere, find the volume.
4. Find the volume of a cone given the circumference of the base and the height.
5. Solve word problems.
The 42 game cards will allow this game to be used for multiple class periods.
Thanks for viewing!
Visit my store for additional math board games.
Created by Hilda Ratliff