Would you like a different way for your high school students to review definitions of trig functions and solving right triangles? This board game is fun for the students while they sharpen their skills and deepen their understanding of important concepts. They will draw a card and they must correctly answer the question in order to move along the game board. One person will be designated as the Answer Checker. The rules of the game are explained in the Preview.
The cards in this game include questions on:
1. Right Triangle Definitions of Sine, Cosine and Tangent.
2. Reciprocal Definitions of Secant, Cosecant and Cotangent.
3. Relationship Between Sine and Cosine of Complementary Angles.
4. Use Trigonometric Ratios to Solve Right Triangles.
Please see the preview to view some of the cards.
This product includes the following.
1. Game Board
2. 40 Game Cards
3. Game Pieces
4. Answer Key
Each of these items should be copied on cardstock or laminated.
Common Core State Standards: Geometry G-SRT
Define trigonometric ratios and solve problems involving right triangles
6. Understand that by similarity, side ratios in right triangles are properties of the angles in the triangle, leading to definitions of trigonometric ratios for acute angles.
7. Explain and use the relationship between the sine and cosine of complementary angles.
8. Use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles in applied problems.★
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Click on the link below to view another trigonometry board game.
High School Math -Trigonometry Board Game - Unit Circle - Pythagorean Identity
Click on the link below to view trigonometry posters available to display in your classroom.
Posters for the Math Classroom - Trigonometric Functions
MATH DOMINOES - Solve Linear Equations
MATH DOMINOES - Solve Quadratic Equations
Thanks for viewing!
Created by Hilda Ratliff