Grades 4-5 SMART Board Math Calendar
…because calendar math is not just for primary grades!
(Although, if you do teach grades 1-3, I have a calendar routine for you, too!)
Grades 1-3 Common Core-Aligned SmartBoard Math Calendar
Are you looking for a way to boost your 4th or 5th grade students’ math scores? My SMART Board Math Calendar is an excellent way to give students regular and repeated practice with a wide variety of key math concepts and vocabulary in just 15 minutes a day. Since implementing it in my classroom, I have seen tremendous growth in my students’ test scores! It is colorful, interactive, aligned with Common Core standards, and your students will love it! Please download my preview file for more details and screenshots. NOTE: You must have Smart Notebook or compatible software to open this file. If you are unsure if your software is compatible, download the FREEBIE Math Calendar Sample
to make sure you can open it and it is interactive.
There are two components to math calendar. The first is the Core Calendar, which is an 8-page Smart Notebook file that gets saved every day, because you keep adding to the elements.
Math Skills Addressed in the Core Calendar:
• prime, composite, and square numbers
• how to find all the factors of any given number between 1-180
• divisibility rules
• multiples/multiplication facts
• money/making change
• moving around a calendar
The second component is the Day File. This is a 2-3 page Smart Notebook file that is designed specifically for that day of school. You only use each Day File once a year, so you don’t save it after use. That way, it resets and will be ready for next year’s class.
With This Purchase You Will Receive:
1. Core Calendar Smart Notebook File: 8 pages, plus detailed directions for use.
2. Set 1 of the Day Files: Days 1-22. Each file in the set has 2 pages, for a total of 44 pages, plus directions for use.
Math Skills Addressed in Day Files Days 1-22:
• identifying fractions
• converting fractions to percent
• converting percent to decimals
• place value to million’s place
• telling time to the minute
By purchasing this set, you will be able to try math calendar for a month and then decide if you want to commit to the other sets to have the year-long routine. Even if you decide not to continue with the other sets of Day files, you will still have the Core Calendar Routine, which can be used every day.
Check out my other SmartBoard Math Calendar Sets!
FREEBIE Math Calendar Sample
Day Files Set 2
Day Files Set 3
Day Files Set 4
Day Files Set 5
Day Files Set 6
Day Files Set 7
Day Files Set 8
**Please note that this is a Smart Notebook file. You must have Notebook or compatible software for the files to work properly. When you download the preview file, while it is a Smart Notebook file, most of the pages are only screen shots of the actual calendar files, so they will not be interactive. Download my free Calendar Sample file to make sure your software is compatible!
**UPDATE** Bundled Calendar Sets Now Available!
Grades 4-5 SMARTBoard Math Calendar Mega-Bundle
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the little green star near my logo on any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then be notified when I post new products!
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks, Cathy McGaffin, aka “Downeast Teach”