A fun card game, similar to UNO, to help students develop fluency and familiarity with common fractions, percentages, decimals and money.
Math Matching Game
1. Print and cut out cards. Laminate them if possible.
2. Students may play in groups of 2 – 5.
3. Give students a copy of the equivalents (page 11) if you think they need it.
4. Shuffle cards and deal children five cards each.
5. Turn over one card.
6. Children take turns in laying cards on the pile.
7. Cards must match the latest card on the pile either by image, or value equivalent, e.g. 50% and ½.
8. Attack cards: skip, reverse, and +2 cards must follow suit. Wild cards and +4 cards may be used at any time.
9. The first player to get rid of his/her cards is the winner.