This mega pack was created by a veteran math coach and includes everything you need to create your own K-3 Problem Solving Math Center! Mix and match over 55 printables to create a custom math problem solving bulletin board/stand-alone center or use the printables with math notebooks or folders. Photo of a sample center is included.
The mega pack includes:
• 28 easy, practical teaching strategies to enhance the
development of thinking and problem solving
• 14 questions to ask that support mathematical thinking
• 6 Productive talk mini cards which guide students in math
conversations with peers and within whole class discussions
• 9 colorful, illustrated problem solving strategy cards
• Roadblock strategy printable - Help! I’m Stuck! – 8 effective, classroom-tested strategies to try when having difficulty solving a problem (mini-version and full page version included)
• Two sets of math center labels – mix and match! (Yellow with a black border and blue with small black dots, black border.) Labels include Math Center, Math Journals, Fact Fluency, Problem of the Day, Math Vocabulary, Problem Solving Steps, Problem Solving Strategies, Games, Review, Practice, Challenge, Work with a Partner, Task Cards, Math Literature.
• Over 15 templates to support mathematical thinking (Includes problem solving check list, strategy check list, 100 chart, (mini version included) Help! I’m Stuck (mini version included) 10 frames, elapsed time/telling time, T-chart, Venn diagram, vocabulary organizer, and more)
• Printable sheet of Progress Checkers (Print one Progress Checker for each student. Each student places a clothespin or chip on the red section to indicate help is needed, the yellow section to indicate minor assistance needed, or the green section to indicate no help needed at this time.
• 5 Math Challenge party-themed problems (two of the same
problem are printed on one page – simply cut apart)
• 6 steps for solving word problems (Illustrated)
• 8 strategies for solving general math problems (Two formats are included: Individual problem solving strategy sheets and all 8 strategies on one page)
Visit our blog at elementaryskillsandstrategies.com
Facebook - Elementary Skills and Strategies
Do you like to save money?
Simply provide product feedback on this purchase, including both a fair rating and comment, and earn 1 TPT credit for every $1.00 spent.
For example, if you provide feedback on an item you purchased for $5.00, you will earn 5 TPT credits, which can be used toward a future purchase!