This unit includes seven center activities to celebrate the changing seasons into the colorful fall.
- 2 pages of measurement figures (fall items)
- 4 pages of 2 & 3-digit number cards- 36 total (to be used in 3 centers- keeps it manageable for you and able to differentiate for all students!)
- 2 pages of quadrilateral cards & 1 header page for sorting
- 7 student recording sheets with directions (practicing skip counting, multi-digit addition, rounding to the nearest 10, writing numbers using standard/word/expanded form, measurement to the nearest inch and nearest 1/2 inch), sorting quadrilaterals
- 2 pages of teacher directions
- answer key to quadrilateral sort
- 2 pages of money match-up cards- matching coins to school supply cost
Great to practice a wide range of math work during the changing seasons.
This unit addresses the following 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards:
- CCSS.Math.Content.3.NBT.A.1 Use place value understanding to round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100.
- CCSS.Math.Content.3.NBT.A.2 Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
- CCSS.Math.Content.3.MD.B.4 Generate measurement data by measuring lengths using rulers marked with halves and fourths of an inch.
- CCSS.Math.Content.3.G.A.1 Understand that shapes in different categories (e.g., rhombuses, rectangles, and others) may share attributes (e.g., having four sides), and that the shared attributes can define a larger category (e.g., quadrilaterals). Recognize rhombuses, rectangles, and squares as examples of quadrilaterals.
For more information, visit my blog: 3rd Grade Thoughts
Thanks and enjoy!