Also included in
- Looking for some new kindergarten math centers for the entire year that will keep your students engaged in learning and hits ALL the standards? I have you covered with these MATH "Salad Bar" or "Cafe" Centers. Students love it and YOU WILL TOO! Each center comes with a recipe card (task card) to$62.72$112.00Save $49.28
- EVERYTHING you need to teach KINDERGARTEN all YEAR! Are you looking for engaging activities for EVERY subject area in Kindergarten? I have you covered with this HUGE Endless Curriculum Bundle of Bundles with a MASSIVE AMOUNT of materials made with KINDERGARTEN in mind! *Assessments IncludedYEAR-LON$220.79$392.99Save $172.20
Looking for a NEW way to engage your students in learning math? Creating an Addition Math Cafe or Math "Salad Bar" is an engaging way to hit target skills, ignite the students learning, and free you up to monitor learning or remediate. You can use these Comparing Numbers "recipe" cards as task cards, set up a math cafe in your room for easy clean up, or just use the printables in small or whole group.
►What is in this download?
Pg. 1 Cover
Pg. 2 Table of Contents
Pg. 3 Standards
Pg. 4 Suggested Math Instruction Block
Pg. 5-8 Unit 11 Comparing Numbers Suggestions, and Links
Pg. 9 Materials List Needed for Activities
Pg. 10-14 Task Cards (“Recipe Cards”) 1 Blank, 1 Teacher Station, 1 Computer Station, 1 ipad Station and the first card to go with pgs. 15-17
Pg. 15-17 Pin It Cards (Students use a clothes pin to identify the correct symbol)
Pg. 18-19 CARD GAME (Task Cards, Worksheet *need a deck of cards – numbers only)
Pg. 20-22 Roll and Build It (Task Cards, Printables *need dice and cubes)
Pg. 23-28 Write the Room (Task Cards, Recording Sheet, Words to put around the room)
Pg. 29-30 Scavenger Hunt (More Than - Task Cards, Addition Printables)
Pg. 31-32 Scavenger Hunt (Less Than - Task Cards, Addition Printables)
Pg. 33-34 Dab IT – Numbers to 10 (*need paint daubers)
Pg. 35-36 Compare Amounts
Pg. 37-39 Solve It!(Task cards & printables)
Pg. 40-42 Where Does It Go? (Less Than, Greater Than 5)
Pg. 43-45 Bigger or Smaller? (Ten Frames)
Pg. 46-50 FLIP IT! (Task Cards, Worksheets, Number Cards)
Pg. 51-54 Clip the Symbol - Cards and Recording Sheet
Pg. 55-56 Fill It! (task cards, printable)
Pg. 57-60 Tower Building with Cubes
Pg. 61-64 Clip It – Comparing Numbers to 20
Pg. 65- Solve IT Up to 20 (Worksheet and Number Cards)
Pg. 68-69 DAB IT! (Numbers to 20)
Pg. 70-72 Comparing Numbers Assessment
Pg. 73 Recording Sheet
Pg. 74-76 Love Bug Compare Numbers CRAFT(BONUS)
Pg. 77 Alligator Chomp Craft
Pg. 78-83 Vocabulary Posters
Pg. 84-92 Rules, Signs for Set Up
Pg. 93-104 PHOTOS of Set Up
Pg. 105 Credits
Check out the PREVIEW!
⭐ Encourage Critical Thinking Skills
Material needed to complete all activities:
Bingo Daubers (or crayons)
Dry Erase Markers
Clothes pins or paperclips
* Game Cards (remove the Ace, Jack, Queen, and King)
ipads and computers (optional)
What is a Math Café?
I like to keep all of my math manipulatives in one place, and hold students responsible for cleaning up after their activity. You can make your Math Café (or Buffet or Salad Bar) out of a bookcase or a rolling cart. A student pulls out the manipulative cart (Café). Students choose a recipe card (task card - with the material list, number of people who can participate in the math activity, picture cues, and directions), choose their partners if required, fill their tray with materials, do the activity anywhere in the room, and easily clean up by using a tray to hold their materials. You float around and take notes. One task card is labeled “Teacher’s Group.” This can be used when you see a student needs extra help with a concept. They will sit with you to review the concept, if you give them the card. There are also ipad, computer and blank recipe cards.
Copyright © 2019 Cindy Martin (Teacher’s Brain)
All rights reserved by author.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.
☺ First 24 HOURS of new products over $1 are ½ off!