Math Concepts Activities: PreK - 2
These hands-on math activities teach and reinforce the basic math concepts needed for children to master elementary mathematics by the end of second grade. The 88 activities are designed for classroom work and at home. Each activity uses objects to touch and feel so learning math becomes less abstract and more concrete. The activities …
· Prove learning math can be fun with many games.
· Use only objects found in classrooms or homes.
· Challenge children to use their imagination and creativity.
· Guide teachers and parents step-by-step through each concept and activity.
· Are an effective choice for the classroom, homework and remedial and enrichment work at school and/or home as well as digital education.
Activities included in Math Concepts Activities: PreK - 2
Number Concept Development
Rote Counting (9-10)
Set Counting (11-13)
One-to-One Matching (14-15)
Reading and Writing
Number Relations (22)
Near Numbers (22-23)
Number Families (26-31)
Place Value (32-38)
Section Appendix (39-43)
Addition Strategies (47-54)
Subtraction Strategies (59-63)
Section Appendix (66-75)
Geometry and Measurement
Geometry Activities (93-96)
Measurement Activities (96)
Section Appendix (112-114)
EASY TO USE
First: Print a section of activities or a single activity.
Second: You can start on any topic, but the activities within a topic should be taken in order as the concepts build on each other.
Third: The procedures and materials are given for each activity.
Four: It is not necessary to point out mistakes because most activities are self-correcting.
Five: Activities can be repeated many times.
MORE MATH CONCEPTS ACTIVITIES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE STORE
Math Concepts Activities: Grades 3 - 5