Your students are on the case!
This pack includes 5 different math mysteries for your students to solve using their math skills. Each mystery works the same way – students will learn about what has taken place and then get a set of alibi cards. Students have to check the math presented in each alibi – if the suspect has made a math mistake, then he or she is guilty of the crime!
Each case includes a worksheet that outlines the case and provides a workspace for checking the math in the alibis, six alibi cards, and an answer key.
The Five Cases:
1. The Case of the Missing Calculators – focuses on adding and subtracting with regrouping
2. The Case of the School Bus Schedule – focuses on telling time skills
3. The Case of the School Store Thief – focuses on money skills
4. The Case of the Stolen Home Plate – focuses on measurement skills
5. The Case of the Lost Library Book – focuses on basic multiplication/repeated addition facts