Also included in
- Looking for new ways to include math spiral review in your lessons every day? Practice skills in addition, subtraction, place value, and more with this bundle of 240 riddle cards for grades one and two - you'll love seeing how your students connect past learning with what you're teaching now! Here'Price $12.00Original Price $14.00Save $2.00
- The riddle sets in this 600 task card math spiral review bundle are ideal to use for math centers, intervention, RTI activities, small groups, challenge activities for early finishers, and whole class activities, too! Riddles are a motivating and engaging way to provide ongoing practice of the mostPrice $29.00Original Price $35.50Save $6.50
Do you wish your first grade and second grade students could keep their math skills sharp all year? They will, when you practice skills like addition, subtraction, place value and more every day with this set of 120 math spiral review riddle task cards!
Each card has a three-clue riddle whose answer is a number from one to 120, for daily practice with...
* Place value
* Add and subtract tens
* Compare numbers using equality and inequality symbols
* Odd and even numbers
* Coin values and combinations (US pennies, nickels, & dimes)
What's included in this resource?
☛ 120 spiral review riddle cards, printing at six per page
☛ Student recording page
☛ Answer key
☛ Task cards and materials for two addition, subtraction, and place value games that use the riddle cards
☛ A color-by-code page that also uses the riddle cards
☛ 120 charts in both color and b/w, for support and differentiation, with both operations and place value
Here are some ways to use these math spiral review cards with your class!
- Use a card as the basis for a daily number talk.
- Solve a card every day right before you start your math lesson, as a warm-up and to get your students focused. This is a great option for online lessons, too!
- In whole group or small group lessons, the cards can be used for a game with the pocket chart or a 1-120 chart. (directions card included).
- In a small group or with partners, they can be used with a printable number grid activity (directions card and grid included). They're also great for a traditional game of war ... who has the greater number?
- For independent work and great practice with addition, subtraction, and place value, use the cards with the included solve-and-color page.
- Use the riddles for a great 100th Day of School activity!
- Use them as task cards or for a Read the Room activity - keep your little mathematicians moving for better learning!
Here's what teachers like you are saying about these math riddle task cards!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Michelle said, "Great for math talks in my Grade 1/2 class, and for quick math breaks!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ The Cozy Classroom said, "Great problem solving activities. They review math language, familiarize kids with the 100 chart and are lots of fun."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Katie said, "Great resource! The questions are just hard enough that it gets students thinking."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Judith said, "The riddle format makes practicing these skills accessible and fun - an essential ingredient for distance learning."
Please note that this set uses US coins. If you teach in a school outside the US, click here to see this riddle set with all references to coins removed. It's also a great choice if you prefer math riddles that you can use earlier in the year in first grade!
In order to be successful with the riddle cards, your students should be familiar with odd/even, tens and ones, US coins (pennies, nickels, dimes), and comparison signs for equalities and inequalities.
All 120 riddles in this set are completely different than those in Set 1. Set 1 also includes full page riddles that are ready-to-use with the TpT digital Easel Tool. Click to see Set 1, and read the comments to get lots of great ideas for using these riddle cards! 120 Riddles for the 120 Chart, Set 1
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
• Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your students.
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
Click here to follow my store. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Copyright © Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.