Also included in
- Use this YEAR LONG BUNDLE of PRINT & GO + virtual math enrichment activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving fun ALL YEAR LONG. A Year of Math Challenges & Brain Teasers includes every math challenge and brain teaser pack in the stoPrice $89.00Original Price $134.00Save $45.00
Use these 46 PRINT & GO and GOOGLE SLIDES math enrichment activities to challenge your advanced 2nd and 3rd grade students in minutes. Perfect for early finisher activities for gifted students, these math challenge & brain teaser worksheets have a variety of engaging themes students love, and are an easy way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians' learning!
With answer keys and writing pages for students to explain their mathematical thinking included, these math worksheets are an easy way to keep your advanced mathematicians engaged with meaningful math extensions.
This Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 46 NO PREP math worksheets + virtual math activities and answer keys you can use for math centers, math homework, early finishers, small groups, number talks, math enrichment, math extensions or whole class problem solving.
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
27 Math Challenges
- Books (Adding and subtracting two-digit numbers)
- Fingers and Toes (Repeated addition, multiplication by tens or twenties)
- Sum of 150 (Guess and check, consecutive numbers, addition)
- Haunted Mansion Number Hang-Up (Organizing data, defining digits)
- Haunted Hotel Number Hang-Up (Organizing data, defining digits)
- Candy Kids (Adding/doubling one-digit numbers, logical thinking, organizing data)
- Electoral Votes (Estimation, adding multiple one and two-digit numbers, guess and check) includes Electoral Map
- Coin Combination (Adding coins, guess and check, organizing data)
- Library Fines (Adding money, repeated addition/multiplication)
- The Penny Problem (Patterns, addition with money to $5,000)
- Darci’s Donations (Addition and subtraction with money)
- Holiday Gifts (Addition and subtraction with money)
- Road Trip (Addition, four-digit division, multiplication)
- Cookie Plates (Addition, repeated addition/multiplication)
- Days in Office (Logical thinking, calendar math, adding two and three-digit numbers)
- Quarters, Dimes, and Nickels (Adding coins, logical thinking, guess and check)
- Pizza Party (Fractions, multiplication, division)
- 2006 Medal Count (Logical thinking, adding and subtracting one and two-digit numbers)
- Four Leaf Clovers (Repeated addition/multiplication, logical thinking, drawing complex problems)
- How Many Legs? (Repeated addition/multiplication, logical thinking, drawing complex problems)
- Marathon Runners (Addition/multiplication with decimals, relating km to miles and ft.)
- Five Square Challenge (Logical thinking, guess and check, creating unique shapes)
- Perimeter Problem (Logical thinking, addition, perimeter, guess and check)
- Equal Sums (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding multiple one-digit numbers)
- Heads and Tentacles (Addition, multiplication, guess and check)
- The Magic Pentomino (Perimeter and area)
- Beach Reading (Adding multiple two-digit numbers, guess and check)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Who am I? (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding multiple two-digit numbers, money, defining a dozen)
- Trick or Treat (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Thanksgiving Dinner Restaurant Style (Adding/multiplying money with decimals)
- Thanksgiving Dinner Brainteaser #1 (Logical thinking, multiplication and division, easier)
- Thanksgiving Dinner Brainteaser #2 (Logical thinking, multiplication and division, more difficult)
- Equal Equations #1 (Equivalent number sentences, easier)
- Equal Equations #2 (Equivalent number sentences, more advanced)
- Mystery Numbers (Logical thinking, guess and check, addition with 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- A Brainteaser with 22 Legs (Guess and check, addition, finding all possible solutions)
- Football Math #1 (Addition, multiplication, easier)
- Football Math #2 (Addition, multiplication, more advanced)
- Valentine Mail (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Olympic Athletes (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Numbers in Hiding #1 (Addition, subtraction, estimation, guess and check)
- Numbers in Hiding #2 (Addition, subtraction, multiplication, estimation, guess and check)
- Bunny Brainteaser (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Total Value #1 (Adding coins and dollars, easier)
- Total Value #2 (Adding coins and dollars, more advanced)
- Road Trippin’ (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
Check out the preview to see all challenges, brainteasers, and answer keys.
Have a fab day Super Teacher!
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like:
MONTHLY Math Challenges and Brainteasers BUNDLE **PRINT & DIGITAL**
***These are the same math challenges and brainteasers included with my monthly homework packs. If you have already purchased these packs, please do not purchase this product.***
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!