The Zookeeper's Math Ring is the most engaging and highly motivating way to teach young children essential math skills. My students beg for me to test them daily using their Zookeeper Math Ring.
As a kindergarten teacher I realized that I spent plenty of time teaching sight words but really needed to build my students' math fact fluency. Hence, the Zookeeper's Math Ring System was created. The students LOVE becoming Honorary Zookeepers. Each child begins with the first set of elephant cards. When they are able to recognize numbers 1-10 out of order and quickly, they earn the elephant for the classroom display and the next set of polar bear cards. This continues until students complete all 10 animal sets with 10 cards in each (100 total math facts).
The following math skills are addressed:
• Elephant Cards - Number Recognition 1-10
• Polar Bear Cards - Number Recognition 11-20
• Rhinoceros Cards - Flat Shapes
• Gorilla Cards - Solid (3D) Shapes
• Zebra Cards - Number Plus One (5+1)
• Leopard Cards - Adding Doubles (4+4)
• Lion Cards - Counting On (Start with 7 & Count Up)
• Tiger Cards - Reading Number Words
• Penguin Cards - Addition Fluency (1-10)
• Peacock Cards - Subtraction Fluency (1-5)
The students are so proud of the animals they have earned. I have included 2 options for your cards, an easy low-prep version & the animal version. I have also included large animals for your 3 foot classroom display
, letter explanation for parents, detailed photo instructions for you, certificates of completion, labels to keep you organized, and so much more. As always, everything is available in color or printer-friendly black & white. The product is created to be placed on rings but can also be used as flash cards as desired.
Make sure to watch the video preview for a better understanding of this product.
This product pairs perfectly with my Interactive Math Center available now!
Interactive Math Center by Pencils to Pigtails
Try these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails