The Fast Track Challenge is a versatile game that helps students quickly memorize math facts.
The concept of the game provides each student an individual competitive component, where students challenge themselves to think quickly. It also provides a race inspired visual reward system to keep students motivated to learn.
The Fast Track Challenge is a tool to help you tap into your own creative genius. Thus, race cards, number of track lanes and method of play can be tailored to fit your classroom. This game can be introduced as a whole group class game, as a math center, or customized for daily math fact practice.
Appropriate for: Grades K – 5
• The race templates included can be easily customized (using PowerPoint) to fit your particular grade level. Templates can be changed to reflect addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts.
This Product Download Includes:
• A brief introduction to the Fast Track Challenge and Track Assembly Instructions
• Three options/ ideas of ways you can implement the Fast Track Challenge in your classroom.
• One Race Track, that consists of:
- One racetrack lane template to reproduce and build the track.
- Two pages to print, that spell out the words - Finish Line.
- One Checkered Pattern Paper
- One Optional Flag page
- One Race Car page
• One customizable race card template in Color
• One customizable race card template in Black & White
• A few suggested assembly instructions (with photos)
Race card templates were intentionally left editable to give you the freedom to produce races that are specific to your students. Lets be real no one knows your students better than you do!
Assembly of Race Track + Race Cards = Required
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License