This product is perfect to review 3 digit addition, subtraction skills with regrouping (under 1000) and simple multiplication (up to 7x7).
This product includes :
- 50 math questions ready to print & cut
- an easy to use recording sheet for students
- an answer sheet for teacher
I purchased a few sleeves of 12 plastic eggs at Walmart (Canada) for $0.98 and put the math questions into each egg. I then spread them out across the classroom. Students walked around the room, looking for eggs and answering the questions on their recording sheets.
Print the 50 math questions and then cut them into strips to fit them into the eggs. Each math question is numbered for easy use of the recording sheet. You can also number each egg.
Different ways to use this product:
- Math centers - divide eggs into centers and set a rotation schedule for groups
- Early finishers - use this product for early finishers to work on independently
- Whole-group activity - spread the eggs across the classroom and get the whole class to search for them and answer math questions until they are done.
- Collaboration activity - separate class into groups and get them to work together to answer math questions (this would be great if you are pairing stronger students with weaker ones to share skills and knowledge and encourage student collaboration).
This is a fun math game for students around Easter time. I hope your students enjoy it as much as mine did!