Math facts and math drills are so much fun with this infectious rap song mp3! The verses may be changed daily according to your math drill needs, so that you can review any math facts: counting, addition, multiplication, shapes, time, etc...AND get up and move for 3 minutes.
Here’s how it works: The melodic refrain goes:
Rap, rap your math
Wrap it up, so you can clear your path
Each of the 4 verses allows time for 4 Q&As in a spoken chant. For example:
TEACHER: Two times one?
TEACHER: Two times two?
TEACHER: Two times three?
TEACHER: Two times four?
You can review the math facts before playing the song. Also, it helps if there’s a pattern to the questions; such as serial order, or logical classification (e.g., all about geometry or time). You may repeat the same verse Q&A four times, or vary it slightly.
Math Facts and Math Drill Variations:
• Hold up flashcards or other visuals with each query
• Allow a child to play the teacher role
• Teach dance steps to the music, or allow free-dancing
• Use the song for daily aerobics
• Have a rap-dance contest, complete with tumbling mat
Math Facts and Math Drill Topics:
• Addition and subtraction problems
• Multiplication and division tables
• Counting or Skip counting (Count by 2s? 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16)
• Hold up giant dominos (How many dots? Six!)
• Hold up a teaching clock (What’s the time? Ten-thirty!)
• Create body-shapes (show me a circle, show me a square, show me a rectangle, show me a triangle)
The possibilities are endless—once you discover the Thrill of the Drill!
© 2014 Renee Dawn (Please honor the copyright, for use by one buyer in a classroom setting)
• MP3 Song Length: 2:43
• PDF pages includes: number charts and suggested uses
PLEASE LISTEN TO THE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Enjoy your Rap Your Math MP3…and if you would kindly leave your rating and feedback at Teachers Pay Teachers/ Math Facts MP3
it would be greatly appreciated!
FOR MORE MATH FUN:
Number Chart Robots with 1 – 30 Charts: Beautiful Display Pieces!
Counting Songs for Relaxation and Behavior Management
Rap Your Math – Math Drill in a Song MP3
Counting 1-100 Song MP3
Skip Counting Song MP3
Count Backward from 30 to Zero MP3 Song
Count On from 80 to 130 – MP3 Song
You might also like...
Behavior Management with Humor
-- a creative approach to discipline in the classroom.
Behavior Management MEGA-Resources