This game was created so that my students could practice multiplying and dividing larger numbers by powers of ten.
Student partners use number cards and a special spinner to compete against each other. Over four rounds, students "hop the decimal point" while dividing or multiplying by 10, 100, 1000, or 10,000. They are also required to write the number in expanded form.
At the end of four rounds, students add their round totals together to get a grand total. Then in a final twist, they spin the Number Hop spinner one more time and adjust their final total. The player with the highest number wins!
This product from Wild Child Designs includes:
1. Two pages of Teacher Talk directions.
2. Two Number Hop game play sheets (black and white).
3. One Power of Ten spinner (black and white).
4. One Grand Total sheet (black and white).
5. Four pages of number cards (black and white).
6. One example Number Hop game play sheet (black, white and red).
7. One game direction page for student use (black and white).
The only other materials needed for this game is a paperclip and pencil.