HOW DO YOU PLAY?
In this fast-paced 20-30 minute cooperative learning math activity, teams of students work together to determine a number of addends that equal the indicated sum. Each player has two different numbers placed on the front and back of their bodies. Standing in a row, the students must turn forward or backward to correctly display a combination of numbers which add up to the challenge sum. The first team to acquire 10 Sum Cards wins the game.
• Detailed Instructions for Teachers
• Simplified Instructions for Students
• Assembly Instructions and Photos
• 43 Printable Sum Cards
• 5 Sets of Printable Paired Number “Bibs”
U Turn games* unite three major qualities desired in educational game fun—social interaction, simple physical involvement, and the satisfaction of a quickly solved cooperative learning puzzle. Put away those sleepy trivia and dictionary games; toss the dice and cards. There is no “bored” in this game, where the most important playing piece is YOU – the participants! You won’t be disappointed when “U turn” to this game for wild and wacky group fun!
• Teams consist of 4 students and the game can be assembled to accommodate as many teams as desired.
• U Turn is a socially interactive, intellectually stimulating and physically engaging group activity.
• Use this exciting party game outside the classroom, too! Take it to family reunions; game night with friends; team-building work activities; and child or adult parties.
*You may also want to add U turn (the original spelling version of this game) to your game collection!