Are you an ELA and Math teacher who's looking for ways to cross the curriculum? Are you a Math teacher who have a desire to incorporate real world topics into your curriculum? I am! This is my first year not teaching ELA. I love incorporating interesting topics, news, etc. into my Reading curriculum. This year, as a Math and Science teacher I have been missing the opportunities to teach my students about things I feel are important or things I know are interesting to them. So that's how I thought of Math in Facts! Math in Facts is simply facts about a topic, with numbers replaced with problems to solve. My students loved working out problems in order to figure out more information about a topic. I love to see their enthusiasm and listen to their conversations as they complete the problems.
Math in Facts: New Year's Eve Ball Drop has problems requiring students to:
* Determine place value.
* Multiply/Divide powers of ten.
* Divide four-digit by 1-digit.
* Multiply three-digit numbers by one-digit numbers.
* Find a greatest common factor.
* Convert from unit and expanded form to standard form.
* Add and subtract to the millions.
* Identify a numeric pattern.