***SAVE 25% WHEN YOU PURCHASE TOGETHER***
Math Journaling is fabulous way to gain insight into your students’ understanding of mathematical concepts, their problem-solving strategies, and their ability to share their thought process. Math Journals are a wonderful addition to ANY math program from grades K-12.
This set of Math Journal Prompts are aligned to the Grade K-4 Common Core. What does that really mean? These journal prompts are first divided by content area (Measurement & Data, Operations & Algebraic Thinking, Number & Operations in Base 10, Number & Operations Fractions, Counting & Cardinality, and Geometry). Each content area is then separated by the individual standards and a series of prompts are provided to target each of those standards.
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT
• 1 page of various open-ended math journal prompts for EACH of the Math Common Core Content Standards for Grade K-4
• Photocopy-ready pages for each individual prompt
NEED MORE REASONS TO IMPLEMENT MATH JOURNALS IN YOUR CLASSROOM?
• It is an open-ended and naturally differentiated assessment
• It shifts the Instructional focus from computation to problem solving and real-life application
• It creates a documented portfolio-like record of student growth and progress
• Teachers gain insight into children’s abilities, opinions, understandings, and misconceptions
• Provides students practice with putting their knowledge into writing
OTHER MATH PRODUCTS THAT MAY INTEREST YOU:
Addition and Subtraction Mega Pack
Fact Family Bundle
Place Value Bundle-Common Core Aligned Games, Activities & Work Pages
Tens & Ones Bundle-Common Core Aligned Games, Activities, Posters & Work Pages
Coin Counting Club- Money Math Center Bundle
Coin Counting Club- Money Math Center Bundle (Canadian Version)
Individual Math Journal Prompts
Kindergarten Math Journal Prompts
Grade 1 Math Journal Prompts
Grade 2 Math Journal Prompts
Grade 3 Math Journal Prompts
Grade 4 Math Journal Prompts
© Jillian Starr 2014
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.