Daily Math Journaling is a great way to engage our little mathematicians in practicing the Mathematical Practices while exploring the Common Core Math Content Standards.
This Math Journal Pack comes with 40 Journal Topics. I have made my Math Journal Prompts EASY TO READ with sight words and pictures. I am also encouraging my little ones to begin to make use of structure when thinking about mathematics by providing them with Pictorial Math Tools, such as the Bar Model, Ten Frame, Number Bonds, and Rekenrek Frames, to explain their thinking.
This Math Journal Prompts Pack 1 for Kinder & Grade 1 includes:
(1) 40 Math Journal Prompts for the Students (each sheet has 10 to cut into little strips).
(2) 40 Math Journal Prompt Cards for the Teacher (so the prompts are large enough to introduce whole group).
(3) 5 Different Pictorial Math Tools (each sheet has 10 to cut into little strips).
(4) 5 Pictorial Math Tool Descriptors
(5) Math Journal Cover & Page (to make into math journals)
(6) 4 Sample Student Work
I hope you will find all the resources useful with your little ones. Please follow me and be the first to find out when Pack 2 becomes available! :)