Math Journaling is fabulous way to gain insight into your students’ understanding of mathematical concepts, their problem-solving strategies, and their ability to share their thought process.
This set of Christmas Math Journal Prompts is aligned to the First Grade, Second Grade, and some of the Third Grade Common Core Standards. What does that really mean? Although meant for Grade 2, these prompts are great for enriching your high First Graders or to provide review and/or support for Third Graders.
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT
• 20 pages of various open-ended math journal prompts for many of the Common Core Content Standards for Grades 1, 2, and 3
• They have a Christmas theme but many can be used for the Winter season.
NEED MORE REASONS TO IMPLEMENT MATH JOURNALS IN YOUR CLASSROOM?
• It is an open-ended and naturally differentiated assessment
• It shifts the Instructional focus from computation to problem solving and real-life application
• It creates a documented portfolio-like record of student growth and progress
• Teachers gain insight into children’s abilities, opinions, understandings, and misconceptions
• Provides students practice with putting their knowledge into writing