This key word display has been such a help for my students to be able to identify the key words in a word problem and give them guidance on what type of math they should be completing. It is even helpful for my higher students who come across an unknown word, like “quotient,” and aren’t sure what to do.
I use this display as scaffolding. It is my goal that my students won’t need this resource forever, but I like that they can use it if they need it.
Check out the photo in the preview for how I set up this display in my classroom!
Included in this resource:
• Headers for the 4 operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
• Key word cards for each operation (2 font choices)
• Headers and key word cards come in black & white (print on colored card stock) and white background with colored text
• Key word cards come in black & white, white background with colored text, and colored background with white text
• Blank cards if you would like to add your own key words