I am very pleased to share my presentation on Famous Women in Mathematics! The lesson complements the March celebration and recognition of "WOMEN IN HISTORY MONTH", and I am eager to simply honor the strength of women and the drive they have had to exhibit in the direction of our beautiful discipline, mathematics.
* The presentation begins with a discussion on the lives of five notable mathematical women from ancient times to the early part of the twentieth century.
* I believe students will enjoy this small diversion as they journey along their ever-interesting path of mathematics.
* Following the presentation of five very famous women in mathematics, a small list of additional famous women in mathematics is provided for students to research.
* Rather than write an essay on their findings, students are asked to creatively assemble their findings on poster board in the form of a unique, picture display.
* It is a fun assignment and their work can be easily placed on exhibit in the classroom for everyone's enjoyment.
* A complete outline as to how to assemble their garnered information is provided for clarity.
* A detailed rubrics is provided for teacher/student convenience making expectations clear to all.
Please enjoy this creative and interesting assignment with your students!