This is a great activity for students to learn use The Pythagorean Theorem and to show the relationship in the measurements of each hypotenuse when creating right triangles with a one unit leg.
* They begin the activity by constructing an isosceles right triangle with legs one unit long.
* Additional right triangles are attached to each previous triangle resulting in a completely different right triangle.
* Interestingly, however, the series of triangles will surprise them by having an unexpected commonality.
* The creative students enjoy designing these Spirals with color and patterns after completing the constructions required to assemble the Spiral of Theodorus.
* Students adore working and creating these individualized spirals as a class lab.
* Additionally, students' work can be beautifully displayed on classroom walls for a cheerful reminder of Theodorus, Plato, and their work with the Pythagorean Theorem.
* Have a fantastic time with this one!
LOVE TO TEACH!!!